September 28, 2010

Duck-ducks and Choo-choos

I quit the blog challenge. The daily topics have just been too boring. I find myself wanting to blog about my life and things I really care about! So, here's what I want to blog about today...

After a delicious dinner cooked by my wonderful husband, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go to the duck pond. Now, the duck pond here in Norman is no Theta Pond. As a matter of fact, it's quite ugly, but it has a lot of "duck-ducks" and geese, which is all that matters to Liam.

Am I the only person who is a bit scared of geese? I can't help it. I've been chased by geese too many times to count when I used to run around Boomer Lake. (Anyone else had that happen?) So, when these geese spotted the bread and came rushing toward us, I kind of freaked out.
So, we went to find some real ducks. Liam was so excited to see the ducks and yelled "duck-duck" over and over again.
I love this picture. Look at how Liam has his little hand sitting on my leg. Melt. My. Heart.
Liam found his first stick to play with. The teacher in me wanted to make him put it down immediately. But, the mommy in me tried to relax a little and let him play with it for a little bit. He's turning into such a little boy!!!
I eventually asked him to give the stick to Daddy. He did s0 without hesitation.
After we fed the ducks, we went to feed the fish and turtles. Man were they hungry! I'd throw a piece of bread in the water and it would be devoured by tiny fish in seconds. Occasionally, a big turtle or fish would bully the little fish out of the way and take the bread. I snapped this pic of David and Liam while we were watching the fish eat. I love these two!!!
After we fed the fish, a train rolled by. Liam was so excited to see the "choo-choo"!
This was one of those evenings that I wish would never end.....

1 comment:

amanda said...

i love that picture of you and L too! this looks like such a fun evening. i'm jealous.