September 3, 2010

Teacher Idea Thursday (a day late)

My friend that I graduated college with, Katie, over at Katie Lately, came up with the idea to share creative teacher ideas every Thursday. Well, I'm not very creative, but I wanted to join in on the fun!
When I saw a new teacher hanging curtains on all 5 of her BIG windows I thought she was crazy for spending that much money on her classroom. Until I looked a little further into it and realized she used full sized flat sheets. $6.00 a piece at Wal-Mart and then $2.47 for each tension rods and now I have curtains too! I love them!!! (My school is very old, and we are not blessed with central air, so my classroom gets SO hot. The curtains have helped with that so much!!!)
I also love my attendance wall. Each morning when the students walk in the door, they move their laundry pin off of the red ribbon to the "home" lunch plate or the "school" lunch plate. If a pin remains on the ribbon after the announcements, I know that student is either tardy or absent. This wall makes it so easy for me to do attendance and lunch count!!!
This has nothing to do with Teacher Idea Thursday, but I was looking through the bookshelves in my classroom today and found this book.....(Did you know yesterday was 9-02-10 day?!?!)
Probably not appropriate for 5th graders! Ha!!!! (I get a ton of book donations, so I usually just stick the books on my shelves. Oops!!!)

This also has nothing to do with Teacher Idea Thursday, but these shapey rubber bandy things are about to make me crazy!!! These are the ones I confiscated before 10 this morning!!! My collection grew by the end of the day!

1 comment:

God Bless and Much Love~ The Goodwin Family said...

That's it? That's all the Zany bands you got? I seriously had over 30 in one day! UGH! I despise them! The kids don't wear them in my room anymore because they know if they get caught playing with them they go in my June drawer and they don't get it back until June!

Love the curtains! I used two twin sized flat sheets for my classroom curtains this year. It was SO CHEAP!