September 12, 2010

Cruisin'

Nana and Papa bought Liam a motorized quad for Christmas. Well, they just couldn't wait to give it to him, so they brought it down a couple of weeks ago. Liam was so scared of the noise that the motor made, that he wanted nothing to do with it. Until Aspen came last weekend. She hopped right on and took off. Liam suddenly became un-afraid. Now he rides it everyday.

Today Nana and Papa came down to give David and I an early Christmas present. (An upright freezer.....so excited! I can actually see what's in my freezer now!) After a quick downpour, we took Liam outside to ride his quad. He had so much fun!
I love this picture of Liam. We've been meaning to take him in for a haircut for weeks, but haven't made it yet. I have to say that even though I like my boys to have clean cut hair, I'm falling for Liam's curls!!!!
He hasn't figured out how to steer really well yet. Nana had to do a lot of guiding to keep him on the sidewalk. At one point, a car came flying into our cul-de-sac at the same time that Liam lost control and was going straight into the road. I jumped in front of the car like any mother would do and waved my hands at the driver to stop. Liam never made it into the street, but I swear my heart stopped in that instant that I thought my baby was in danger!

I love that smile! After riding on the quad, we headed to lunch for Grandparent's Day at Cane's. It's one of the few restaurants on this side of Norman that is peanut free. Thankfully my parents love it!!!!!
Happy Grandparent's Day to the best Nana and Papa and the best Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

1 comment:

Tj and Chelse said...

tylee got one of those for her 2nd birthday and was so scared of it! the exact same thing happened...as soon as her little friend rode it, she hopped right on!