September 10, 2010

An old picture

This picture was taken on a choir mission trip the summer between my junior and senior years. My most favorite high school memories are from this trip. We flew to Seattle, where we stayed. We sang the National Anthem at a Mariner's game, ate at some fun restaurants, sang at a juvenile detention center, served food to the homeless and had some great times. But, what I remember the most from this trip are the children at the Children's Hospital. I remember the feeling of sadness I had when the children came in pale, weak and rail thin from their battles with cancer. I remember the hope I felt when the children began to clap and sing along with us when we sang Garth Brooks', The River, and I remember the tears we all cried when the children left the room where we performed. It was at that moment that I stepped out of my selfish teenage mind and realized how blessed I was to be a healthy kid, living a normal life.
By the Grace of God.........
These girls were some of my favorite high school friends...Julia, Casey, Michelle and Laura. Now, we all live in the metro and never get together. Girls, that needs to change!

4 comments:

LB said...

My favorite memories are from those trips too. We MUST get together. What's the hold up?

chrisandtif said...

Okay...so, are you in that picture? Chris and I couldn't pick you out at all!

Mrs. J said...

awe....the good ole days! : ) ha! that was a fun trip! Yes, I'm all about a get-together!

Jamie said...

Amanda, The last time I saw you... that is how you looked! Seems like high school was yesterday!