September 8, 2010

Picture that makes me angry or sad...

Sometimes when I look at pictures of Liam's first days with us I get so sad. I hate thinking about everything he went through during his NICU stay and I hate that he spent his first Christmas hooked up to machines. (Yes, I realize that it could have been much worse and that we were truly lucky that we were just there for 17 nights and that he had nothing significant wrong.)
Sometimes I even get angry when I look through these pics. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but blame myself. I have been told over and over again that there was nothing I could have done differently to prevent the umbilical cord issues, but I still think back to every sip of caffeine I took while pregnant, every time I accidentally stood in front of a microwave while pregnant and the time I bumped my stomach really hard right after I found out I was pregnant.

With all that said, when I look at these pics, I also think about how truly blessed we are to have Liam here with us...and healthy! He is our tiny miracle!!!!

1 comment:

amanda said...

I've never seen these pictures. Liam is such cute baby - I mean big boy now. Thank you for sharing.