October 3, 2010

Our weekend

Wow! It's been crazy busy around here, but we've had so much fun!!! Except for Thursday, that is.

Thursday morning around 5:00, Liam started saying, "Mama? Mama?" This is nothing new, so I laid in bed waiting to see if he'd go back to sleep like he usually does. He did go back to sleep, so I had to go in around 7:40 to wake him up to get ready for the day. As soon as I walked into his room, I smelled something. Something awful. I turned on the lamp and found puke everywhere. Poor baby had been sleeping in it for who knows how long! I felt so bad. I gave him a bath, cleaned up his bed, and we spent the rest of the day hanging out around the house.

I thought the way he was holding onto Arf-arf was sweet. Anytime Liam isn't feeling well, he has to have Arf-arf right by his side.
I'm so thankful that whatever had Liam's tummy so sick passed quickly, because Thursday night my parents came down to pick up Liam and take him to Texas. David and I met up with them at my brother's house on Friday. On Saturday, David and my brother went to the OU/Texas game while I went shopping with my parents and my bestie, Skye.

That night, we met back up with David and my brother for the Ranger's game. I have been a huge baseball fan since I was about 8 years old. Once I entered adult-hood I dreamed about having a son and taking him to a Ranger's game. Well, that dream came true Saturday night and it was amazing!!!

At first I think Liam was overwhelmed with all of the people. He just looked around taking everything in. Liam continued to look around during the National Anthem and noticed that everyone had their hands over their heart, so he put his tiny right hand over his heart too. Melt. My. Heart. Here are some pics from the game.....

Of course he had to sit on his Nana's lap the entire game!
Once Liam started getting tired, we decided to take him for a walk. Here's David and Liam with the field in the background.
Liam and I with the field in the background. The bracelet on my wrist is for the All You Can Eat section of the ballpark. I was so full from eating popcorn, fries, hot dogs and nachos!
Liam loved looking up to the Nolan Ryan statue. Funny story about this picture.....when I bent to pick up Liam, he pulled my shirt down to my belly button. Two youngish boys...15ish...just stared and giggled. I was mortified!
If you're a Ranger's fan, you will recognize that Liam is doing the "claw" with Nana. For those who aren't Ranger's fans, a player does the "claw" anytime he gets a hit.
Liam did great and had so much fun until the 5th inning when he became really tired. He eventually fell asleep in Nana's arms, but would wake up anytime the crowd got very loud.

This morning, we got up and went to lunch at a delicious Italian restaurant for my birthday lunch. It was sooooo yummy. After lunch, we did some shopping and went back to my brother's to hang out for a bit before we headed home. My mom was trying desperately to get a pic of Liam for her phone. This is the smile he gave her....
For some reason Liam loves to play in the back of Nana's car. I thought this picture was really cute of Liam tugging on Nana's tag to get in the back. I think my mom is pretty proud to be a Nana, don't you?!?!?
See how happy Liam is in the picture????
Well, it ended seconds after this when we went to put him in his car seat. He ended up hitting David and I both, then screamed until we were almost into Oklahoma. He finally fell asleep after a full hour of screaming.

We're home, unpacked and ready for bed now. I'm sure we'll all sleep great tonight after having so much fun the last few days!!!

No comments: