October 8, 2010

Another first

Liam and I had our first argument this morning. At 21-months he's quite the good arguer. I'm sure he gets it from his dad. ;)

I had picked out an adorable shirt with a guitar on it that said "Rocker" for Liam to wear. Cute, right?!? It even looked great with the khaki shorts I had planned for him to wear. As I started to close his closet door, the argument began. Here's how it went down......
Me: "Liam, it's time to get dressed, how about this shirt?"

Liam: "No."

Me: "Liam, you don't have a choice. It's time to get dressed. Come here."

Liam "Mama, ball."

Me: "Liam" (In my harsh, teacher voice)

Liam: "Mama, ball." (As he shoved me out of the way and began looking through the shirts in his closet)

Me: "No, Liam. It's not time to play. It's time to get dressed. Come here."

Liam: "No. Ball." (As he's pulling a shirt off of its hanger)

Me: "Liam Victor, put that back. Mama has your shirt here."

Liam: "Mamaaaaa! Ballllllllllll!" (As he holds up the shirt he wanted to wear, which had balls on it.)

You can see who won our first argument......


Liam - 1 Mama - 0

3 comments:

Amy said...

hahaha! that's funny. although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time when you were trying to get him to do what you want.

Katie said...

LOL! This is hilarious!

amanda said...

those pictures of L are so adorable!!