October 10, 2010

Our weekend in pictures

Busy weekends full of travel and activities are so much fun, but there's something about staying in Norman and having a lazy weekend that is just wonderful! This weekend we did just that. The only plans we had was to go to a birthday party. It was bliss!!!!

Saturday we went to my best friend's niece's birthday party. Liam was so excited to get around and to go see Payslie. He even tried to put his own shoes on! (These are not the shoes that Liam ended up wearing. I packed the sandals I wanted him to wear and snuck them on him while he was sleeping. Liam - 1 Mama - 1!!!)

After we got around, David snapped a quick picture of Liam and I.
All Payslie wanted for her birthday party was a chocolate cake and a pinata. Liam had to take a swing at the pinata. I'm pretty sure he never made contact!
Liam loved playing in Payslie's house. He went from door to window to the other window yelling out at everyone.
When we got home, Liam had to try on one of my sleep shirts. This shirt once belonged to my dad, was passed down to David, and now I sleep in it. Seeing this shirt on Liam kind of put into perspective just how skinny Liam is. His entire body could fit through the neck hole!
We got a Toys R Us flyer in the mail yesterday. Liam went crazy over the train sets. I'm talking wouldn't put down the flyer most of the night crazy! So, first thing this morning, we went on the hunt for the perfect (small) train set and came home with this.....
Liam had a lot of fun taking the tracks apart.
There was also some of this.....
Daddy tried really hard to explain to Liam that we don't crash the trains or take apart the tracks. It didn't work.
So, we downsized! We put all of the extra pieces back in the box and we'll get them out when Liam's a little older.
I think our little conductor was tired from all of the train hunting and conducting he had done.
After Liam's nap, he helped me stir the sauce for the baked ziti I made tonight. It was delicious!
Not only did we have baked ziti, but we also had artichoke dip and fried pickles...my favorite! I'm stuffed and ready to continue being lazy for the rest of the night!!!

No comments: