October 19, 2010

Sweet boy

There hasn't been much going on around here lately. Having a baby who is a little under the weather really slows down life. Liam stopped throwing up early Sunday morning and was feeling a lot better by Sunday afternoon. He has been fine since then, but he seems to still be a little tired. We're all tired. I guess missing almost an entire night's sleep will do that to you. Anyways, since there hasn't been much going on, I thought I'd take this opportunity to blog about some of the funny, sweet, and cute things Liam has been doing lately.

-About two days ago, Liam started repeating "thank you" any time he heard it. Tonight while we were doing a little grocery shopping, we ripped into a bag of Cheeto's (something I said I'd never do...ha!). Every time I would hand Liam a Cheeto, he would say, "Tain tu." Melt. My. Heart!

-He finally says "please". I don't know how it happened, but for the last 8 months, Liam has associated saying "please" with giving kisses. So, anytime he'd want something and we would ask him to say "please", he'd give us a kiss or blow us a kiss. Well, I finally got him to say it with a little song that goes, "Please, please please." He says it all the time now!

-The other night we all went to the lake. The boys walked while I ran. When I met back up with them, Liam wanted to give running a try. So, we took off. He is so funny when he runs. He hunches over and pumps his arms as fast as he can. He takes it soooo seriously, but looks so funny at the same time!

-Just tonight, Liam started saying, "Kay." I always say things like, "Liam, let's go let Maudie in, okay?" Well, I said that tonight and he responded with, "Kay."

-He is going through a train phase right now. Every night when he is ready for bed, he says, "Choo choo." He picks out one train and off to bed he goes. He tucks the train under his chin, blankie under one arm and Arf-arf under one arm. He then says to David and I, "Bye!"

-He says "ewwwww" all the time. This morning I knocked our blender off of a shelf and it shattered. (Have I mentioned that I'm a mess in the kitchen?!?!) He wanted to "help" me clean up the mess. I finally told him that the glass was gross, and he just stood there pointing and saying, "Ewwww. Ewwww."

Is it possible that my baby is really 22 months old? We're getting so close to not being able to say how many months old he is. It'll be years instead. I don't think I'm ready for that!

Tomorrow is my last day of work before Fall Break. I can't wait! My mom is coming into town and we have so many fun things planned. And, I'll have lots to blog about over the next few days!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Soo funny, when Owen asks for something, I ask him "what do we say?" He gives me a kiss. We're working on the "Please" thing! :)