October 28, 2010

Sad day

Yesterday was a very sad day for our family. Maudie went to a new home. We hated doing it, but we didn't have a choice. A few months ago, Liam started having mild reactions anytime he would touch her. As time passed, the reactions worsened to the point that his entire face was red and blotchy. Last Friday, he had a horrible reaction. So, we knew it was time. We love Maudie, but Liam's health is much more important. A sweet couple came last night to meet her and they took her to her new home.

Our house seems so empty to me without a 55 pound dog on my heels. Liam hasn't noticed that she's gone yet. I dread the moment when it hits him. He loved her so much!
I was having a really hard time with giving Maudie away, and we didn't want Liam to see her go. Thankfully, Casey let us come over and play while the couple came over to meet Maudie.

Liam had so much fun playing with Owen! The boys worked really hard at painting their pumpkins!

After they finished painting, a bath was a must. Liam is going through a phase and doesn't like to bathe. I hoped that seeing Owen enjoy his bath would help. No such luck. He splashed around for about 30 seconds and wanted out.

Thank you, Casey, for letting us come over to play!!!!

On a positive note, Liam's sitter had to be in court today, so I had to take a personal day to stay home with him. We have big plans of meeting David for lunch and playing all day long! I love personal days!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

amanda said...

oh no! i cannot imagine giving up one of my pups but you gotta do what you gotta do. i hope L takes the news better than you think he will. keep me posted.

Casey said...

So glad y'all could come over, it was a lot of fun!!! Hate the reason you had to come over,but it was good to see y'all.