October 5, 2010

A morning to remember

I knew as I typed my post yesterday that I shouldn't have been complaining about it being Monday. My day wasn't really that bad of a day. But......I did it anyways. Karma got me back.

Here's how my morning today went.....

I woke up at my normal time and kissed David good-bye from the shower as usual. As I was rinsing my hair, I heard Liam saying, "Mama, mama, mama?" from the monitor. By the time I got out of the shower, Liam was full on screaming. I went into his room, got him out of bed, and laid him on the changing table to change his clothes. He continued to scream and refused to have his diaper changed by kicking me as hard as he could. So, I gave him "room time".

This only made him scream more....and bang his head on the wall.....and hit me.....and hit the bathroom cabinet. This isn't the first time he has thrown a fit like this. The first huge fit ever was a week ago, and I rushed him to the doctor because I was sure something was seriously wrong. I was wrong. No earaches, no sore throat, nothing. Just a child with a bad attitude.

Back to this morning.......

I finally decided to sit Liam on the cabinet right by me as I put on my make-up and fixed my hair. This made him happy. As soon as I picked him up from the counter the fit began all over again. I was frazzled to say the least. So, when I went to grab something from the counter I didn't realize that what I was grabbing was going to hit Liam's breakfast plate and cause it to go crashing to the floor. It shattered. Liam screamed some more.

Of course I couldn't put Liam down to clean up the glass because he was so upset that his breakfast was being thrown away, so I swept the shards of glass up one handed. Once I finished that, I made Liam's breakfast again and headed out the door. We were running 15 minutes late.

I made the 25 minute drive to Liam's sitter and as I was pulling into her neighborhood, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I forgot his bag. No diapers. No wipes. And, most importantly, no Epipens. I panicked. I called David in tears, freaking out about how everything that could go wrong had gone wrong.

David saved the day, as usual. He left work, drove back to Norman, picked up Liam's bag and dropped it off at the sitter. And, he kept a good attitude about the whole ordeal. I, on the other hand, did not.

I think I finally calmed down around my lunch time, which is at 12:45. All morning long I was on the verge of tears. I was a mess. Thankfully, one of my friends, Amy, had some jewelry in her room that a friend of hers had made. I bought some earrings. I suddenly felt better!

I hope that I can eventually look back at this post and laugh. Right now, I am definitely not laughing!!!!


1 comment:

chrisandtif said...

Oh honey! You made me cry!
I can totally see that happening to me!