May 4, 2010

Adventures in Gardening

I decided it was time to fix up our flower beds, so I talked my wonderful dad into coming down early Sunday with his gardening tools to give me a hand. After all, this is the first attempt I've ever made at gardening. I needed help! My mom and grandma took turns playing with Liam and helping while my dad and I worked. With all four of us working on the project, it only took about an hour. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before....this is the small garden to the right of the sidewalk as you approach our front door. These bushes were seriously overgrown!
After...a nice haircut and some Impatiens. Much better!
This is the flower garden directly in front of our house. I love the window, but it was covered by those bushes/trees...whatever they are.
And after...I accidentally cut off the top of the trees when I took this pic, but after my Dad worked his magic, they aren't much taller than what you can see in the picture. It looks so much cleaner. Now, hopefully the Impatiens will grow and fill up the empty spaces!
I didn't get a before picture of this, but the planter used to have a bush in it that I wasn't a big fan of. So, I pulled it out and planted some Periwinkles. Much better!
I'm pretty sure I don't have a green thumb, so hopefully these flowers are hearty enough to make it through the summer without me killing them!!!

No comments: