May 8, 2010

One of those days

L and I spent the day shopping, so that D could mow the yard and do some other things around the house. Yes, the shirt I'm wearing does say Oklahoma, as in OU, but it is an Oklahoma Law shirt and it's NOT that awful crimson color. That makes it okay. And, I put L in orange to make up for the shirt I was wearing.
L started to get a little tired of being in his stroller, so we made a quick stop at the cookie place in the mall. I bought him his very first cookie. He loved it!
After the mall, we headed to Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery shopping. I decided to let L hold onto his cookie in the car. When I got in the backseat to get him out, this is what I found.
He was a mess. He had chocolate all the way down to his belly button. I should have taken this as a clue and headed home, because after this everything went downhill. As soon as I put Liam in the cart, he started screaming. I rushed through my grocery list as fast as I could and got in one of the self-check lines. The mother and daughter in front of us took forever. I'm talking like 15 minutes forever. L was so tired at this point that he had almost fallen asleep in the cart while we were waiting. Finally, the women finished ringing up their items and started to pay when the machine froze up. So....I had to pack up my items and head to another line to wait for another 15 minutes. Seriously?!?! My child was a fussy mess, I had already waited in line and I was told to go to another line. So, it's finally my turn and I go to pay, only my wallet isn't in my purse. The lady who is checking me out obviously feels sorry for me and offers to finish ringing up all of my things and leave them at Customer Service so I can come back in when I get my wallet.

It was one of those moments...ya know, the ones when all of the bad stuff happening can't be your fault, and you have to blame someone...so, I called David and took it out on him. Thankfully, he sensed how stressed I was and told me he would take L and go pick up the groceries while I went to find my wallet.

I called the cookie place and they had my wallet, so I headed back to the mall to get it. I guess in the excitement of buying L his first cookie, I forgot to grab my wallet. Thankfully, everything was still in its place, including the lone dollar I had.

When I got home I was so excited to see what all D had been up to while we were out shopping. I'll post some pics later!

No comments: