May 27, 2010

Fun Family Day

Have I mentioned that I love summertime? In case I haven't, I LOVE summertime! Yesterday was just the best day. David was off, so we spent all day out and about having fun. We started out the day by taking Ross in for an early grooming appointment and Maudie to the vet for her weekly dip. Then, we went to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. I love Chicken Minis! They are soooo good. The playroom was empty, so we decided to let Liam play for a few minutes after he ate. He had so much fun.
After Chick-Fil-A we went to Hastings. Liam and I went back to the "Just for Kids" section while David looked for what he needed. We played with this train table until Liam spotted the Yo Gabba Gabba books. So, we ended up sitting in the floor for about 15 minutes reading about the YGG characters. I am so thankful Liam loves books as much as he does. As a reading teacher, I realize the importance of having a love for reading at an early age.
Then, we went to Academy. Liam was so tired at this point that we kind of let him run around the store so he could keep himself awake. When we were leaving, he spotted the treadmills and hopped right on.
Since Liam was so tired (and so were we), we went home and everyone took a nap. We're really trying to get Liam to stay on his sitter's schedule, which means one nap a day. I don't know why, but when he is home he really wants to take two naps. I kind of like the one nap a day schedule, because he sleeps for such a long time. I can get so much done! After we all woke up, we went back out to run some errands and pick up Maudie. While we were at Target, we stopped for a much needed snack. Liam had some cotton candy ice cream from Cold Stone. He did a great job of feeding himself!
After we picked up Maudie, we rushed home because it was getting ready to storm. Liam was not happy that he didn't get to stay outside and play. He threw a huge fit!
After dinner, Liam went down for the night and we watched Idol. I am so glad Lee won. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!!!

No comments: