March 13, 2011

Weekend fun

We had such a big weekend! The fun began on Thursday with my Teacher of the Year reception. My co-workers, and more importantly friends, worked so hard to make everything perfect. The theme was Eskimo Joes. One of the teachers knew the story of how David and I started dating while we worked at Eskimo Joes, and thought it would make for the perfect theme. She was spot on!!!
The same friend made this adorable sign. I can't believe how creative she is!
It is tradition for the ladies who teach in the same grade level as the Teacher of the Year to present a gift. I love the quilt that was made for me using Townsend shirts. All of my students signed the back of the quilt. It is just perfect!
I was able to invite my family to the reception. I hadn't seen Liam in almost a week (he was staying with my parents while David recovered from surgery), so I was SO excited to see him when he showed up at my school!
My mom, dad and grandma also came to the reception. I am so thankful they could make it!
This is my sweet friend, Cheri. The creative one. She is one of the sweetest, most caring, funniest people I know. I am so thankful to have her as a friend!
Saturday night David and I were invited to a cocktail party. We decided to go even though David isn't completely healed.
The party was a ton of fun! We saw some friends that we hadn't seen in a while. It was great to catch up with them!

No comments: