March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Liam was not in the mood for pictures this morning. Not even after I bribed him with a cookie.
This is the best smile he would give me. Stinker!
I mentioned in my last post as a recommendation to not take your toddler shopping immediately after leaving the zoo. Here's why...

After a few hours at the zoo and a quick trip to the doctor, I decided to stop into the Shoe Dept. that was right by the doctor. At this point, Liam was in a great mood. We walked around for 5 minutes or so looking at shoes for me when he spotted one of those things used to measure feet. (Why is he so drawn to those things?) I let him play with it while I finished looking. This is when things got bad.

I told him that we needed to put the measuring thing down to go look at shoes for him. He refused. So, I picked him up and he continued to hold on to the measuring thing until it slipped out of his hand and slammed onto the floor. We walked away as quickly as possible.

I put him back down once we reached the toddler shoes and he immediately spotted the Toy Story shoes. He told me he wanted them, and I told him that we needed to measure his feet first.

He looked at me.

He thought about it.

And he ran away with one Toy Story shoe tucked in his arm like a football.

He made it half way across the store before he finally tripped and fell. I guess he knew he had done something wrong because he froze. Right there, laying in the middle of the aisle in Shoe Dept., he froze with huge eyes.

I was so embarrassed, mad, shocked....so I scooped him up, put the Toy Story shoe on the nearest shelf and rushed his little butt out to the car, all while sternly saying, "I was going to buy those for you, but there's no way I will since you acted like that."

He cried the whole way home about those darn shoes.

So, lesson learned.......never go shoe shopping with a toddler who spent hours at the zoo in the sun and is exhausted. I know I'll never make that mistake again!!!


3 comments:

Erin Renollet said...

Amanda, this made me chuckle! Daxon can be a little toot just like that!

chrisandtif said...

Oh, honey! I am so glad that I am not alone in my efforts to raise a two year old! So nice to hear others are dealing with the same things! :)

Casey said...

haha...you didn't know when you go to the zoo, you don't do anything else? :) lesson learned!