December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving and a Choo-choo

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! David had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, so my family came to our house to spend Thanksgiving Day with us. I don't think they wanted us to be alone on the holiday. Or......they just wanted to spend the day with Liam. Either way, I'm so thankful they came!

Liam loved watching the Macy's Parade. This picture makes me laugh because of my dad in the background snoozing away. Don't the men always sleep while the women are slaving away in the kitchen?!?!?
My mom did most of the cooking. I helped as much as I could, but as y'all know, I am a mess in the kitchen! Liam wasn't too interested in the Thanksgiving meal.
But, when it came for dessert, he was a hungry boy. (We usually don't have cupcakes for Thanksgiving, but I've been trying the perfect the art of baking cupcakes so that I'll be ready for Liam's party!)
On Friday, Liam and I traveled back to Bartlesville with mom after some serious Black Friday shopping. David met up with us on Saturday in Bartlesville for our second Thanksgiving celebration with his family. We had another great day and ate some delicious food! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.

Before we left Bartlesville, we took Liam to see the big choo-choo at the train station. He loved it!
Liam and Papa played with every handle, button and knob they could get to.


This week has been tough. I've been sick since Tuesday with a bad cold. I haven't been able to stay home, because there's a lot going on at school right now. In the evenings I've been attempting to get things done for Liam's party. To top it all off, Liam had a fever when I picked him up from the sitter on Thursday, so David stayed home with him on Friday. We took him to Urgent Care when I got home Friday evening and he has strep. Again.

Please send well wishes our way!!!!!

On another note, I wanted to say CONGRATS to my dad who retired this week! We look forward to many more visits from the amazing, "Stay at Home" Papa!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Amanda...Love the new background. Very cute! And Liam...oh my word, his eyes are just to DYE for. :)