December 30, 2010

Christmas Celebrations

We had a great Christmas. Well, what I remember of it was great. I didn't feel well through pretty much all of our Christmas celebrations, but I toughed it out the best I could. I even went to Urgent Care Christmas Eve morning and begged for a steroid shot. I got the shot and felt better for about 24 hours. On Christmas Day I started feeling bad again. I woke up the morning after Christmas with a swollen lymph node. Like really swollen....like a baseball on the side of my neck swollen. It was like nothing I'd ever seen. Or that my family had ever seen. So, David and I jumped in the car and headed to Urgent Care while my parents watched Liam. Only, Bartlesville doesn't have Urgent Care available on Sunday mornings, so we went to the ER. Thankfully, there was only one other patient there and my visit was quick. The doctor guessed that a virus had settled in that lymph node, causing it to swell. He told me to continue with my antibiotics and to go to an ENT if the swelling didn't go away in a day or two. I'm happy to report that the swelling has gone down, and the pain has gone away. Phew!

Anyways, back to our Christmas celebrations. We started out celebrating Christmas Eve with David's family. Liam did a great job of waiting patiently to open his first gift.
Watching him open gifts this year was so much fun. He really got into tearing the paper off of each gift to see what was inside.
Liam had so much fun playing with his sweet cousins, Logan and Haley. Haley is like a mother hen to Liam. It's really nice to have her around to help keep an eye on him! I wish we lived closer to them!!!
We got back to my parent's house after Liam's bedtime and decided that if we were going to miss bedtime, we might as well do it right. So, we let Liam stay up and decorate cookies for Santa.
And then, we decided to open some gifts since we would be rushed to leave town in the morning. Liam helped his Nana hand out everyone's gifts.
This is Liam's stack of presents. He was so funny! He really got into opening the first few, but then he just wanted to play with all of his new toys.
His favorite gift was definitely his Yo Gabba Gabba blanket.
He liked his BIG, NOISY firetruck also. (My brother was determined to find the loudest truck possible! haha!!!)
Yep, that's my dad, hanging out inside Liam's train tent. Haha!!!
The next morning, we left to go to Missouri to spend the day with my mom's side of the family.
I love this picture of my mom and Liam. He wasn't feeling well while we were at my grandma's, so he spent a lot of time on Nana's lap.
While the adults played Dirty Santa, Liam had fun playing with the ribbons!
Although we had a great Christmas, I really wish I would have felt better. Christmas is always my favorite time of the year, but being sick really made it hard to enjoy myself this year. At least I have these pictures to look back on and think about all the fun Liam had. Because, that's what matters, right?

(((Yes, Liam has a black eye in all of these pics and a couple of earlier posts. He spent the Friday before Christmas break at my school. He got a little crazy, tripped over his own feet and went flying into a book shelf. Poor kid! He runs into everything!)))

1 comment:

The Jones Journal said...

He is too cute! His poor eye...I know what it feels like though... I love how cute your blog is! I should have had you give me some lessons before I left!!