December 21, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

Casey and Owen came over today to build gingerbread houses with Liam and I. We threw down a blanket on the floor so the boys would be able to reach better. Unfortunately, Owen was really into all of the new toys around him. So, Casey did most of the work on their house.
Liam, on the other hand, was really into helping with his gingerbread house. I did the building and he did the decorating.
I'm not sure how many pieces of candy he ended up sneaking into his mouth before we were finished!
The icing was so messy! Liam would put a little on the house (and end up with a lot on his hand!), and then ask me to clean his hand.
Liam had icing everywhere. Even on his little toes.
The finished product....it's beautiful, huh?!?!
Liam was so proud of his work. He showed David his gingerbread house as soon as David walked in the door. Then, he showed him over and over again until he went to bed.
After these two were finished building, it was time for some Oreos. Notice how Owen has chewed up cookie in his open mouth. I asked them to say, "Awwww" for the picture. Owen did exactly as I asked. Ha!!!!
Can you guess which was was ours and which was Casey and Owen's?
Thanks for coming over, Casey and Owie! Please come again soon!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh how fun! I love it! I am looking forward to doing stuff like this with Kaitlyn!

Casey said...

haha...yours was made with a toddler..mine was not :) But was still fun to do!
Thanks for letting us come over and play!!!
We will come again soon!