October 6, 2009

The Flirty Thirty

I am officially the big 3-0. I'm still a little unsure of how I feel about not being in my twenties anymore, but what choice do I have but to face my thirties head on?!?! Sooooo...I celebrated turning 30 for four days straight!!! Four days of eating, spending time with family and friends, and four days of David getting up at night AND in the morning with Liam!!!

On Thursday, my actual birthday, my class gave me tons of wonderful gifts and then after recess surprised me with a cookie cake and Dr. Pepper party! YUM!!! I have a great pic of me, my class, and my cookie cake, but due to student privacy, I've decided not to post their precious faces for the whole world to see, so here's a pic of just me with my cookie cake. :) (In case you can't tell...it was a double layer cookie cake with tons of icing. We finished it off last night! It was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!)
After school on Thursday I rushed home to get ready to head to dinner with David. Supreme Court Justice Kennedy was in town and we were invited to the dinner where he was speaking. We sat in the back during dinner and two of the Secret Service guys stood right behind us laughing the entire time, making the night a little more interesting. The first two speakers were blah. The food was ok. The wine was great. Unfortunately we had to leave before Justice Kennedy was finished speaking, so that we could relieve David's sister from babysitting. Thanks again Layna for driving down to hang out with our little man! Here we are ready for dinner (Liam's ready for bed)...not sure why this pic is so bright.
On Saturday OU had a big game, so being the wonderful wife that I am, I put Liam in his new OU Jersey. (Yes, I purchased it...in an attempt to distract David when I walked in the house with all of the packages I had from Campus Corner!) Immediately after putting the OU shirt on Liam, I picked him up and..........BLECK........he spat up all over it! Is this kid a genius or what!?!?
Unfortunately the mess was easy to clean, so Liam ended up wearing those colors the rest of the night.
To continue my birthday celebration, my best friend, Skye, and her husband, Thad, came into town and we headed to The Mont for some food and swirls. I love, love, love The Mont. I especially love the fact that when eating outside, Mr. Liam is a very happy boy! Here are my two favorite boys dressed up in their crimson and creme....ready for some exciting OU football.
Liam paying close attention to Thad....look at the mess on his sleeve. He would not keep it out of his mouth while I was feeding him his dinner!
Aunt Skye and Liam... chewing on his sleeve. Don't you love Skye's new hair?!?!
Mommy and Liam... refusing to sit still for a picture.
Skye and I...Thanks for coming to OK to celebrate with me. We had too much fun!!!
On Sunday my parents came down for my birthday lunch. We went to Chillis, ate way too much food and spent a little time shopping.
So...there ya have it....four days and 2 pounds later....the big "Flirty Thirty" celebration of '09. (It took 4 days to gain the two pounds. I wonder how long it will take to lose the 2?!?!)

2 comments:

Casey said...

So glad y'all had a great time and you had a good time celebrating your BIG 3-0!!!!
L looks HANDSOME in his OU jersey!

God Bless and Much Love~ The Goodwin Family said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! I turn 30 in two months and, like you, I have mixed feelings. In highschool, 30 was OLD. But, if you think about it, we've accomplished a LOT of AMAZING things in our 30 years...imagine how AWESOME the next 30 will be! (And we have GREAT men (hubs and kiddos!) to share those next 30 with!) Sounds like you had a super fun week and didn't mope around like so many others do! :-)

I do agree with Casey, L looks handsome, but so much MORE HANDSOME when he is in ORANGE!!!