February 4, 2011

Sledding fun

In my last post I mentioned the view from our living room window. This is what I was talking about. If you look closely, you'll see the birds in the tree across the street. Beautiful, right?
When Liam woke up from his nap we decided to take him sledding. We started small with the hill in our front yard. They didn't make it far before they were stuck in a snow drift.
At the suggestion of our neighbor, we decided to give the hills in the park a try. Liam was nervous about sitting on the sled on the way to the park, so I sat with him. David was a champ and pulled us both the entire way.
Liam and I went down the hill the first time. When we got to the bottom, Liam was excited! He kept saying, "Again! Again!" We took turns going down the hill with him and then he wanted to pull his Daddy around.
After a few more trips down the hill, Liam took off. I guess we were boring him.
I chased him down and since he clearly wanted to go to the lake, we decided to plop him down on the sled and walk to the lake. The lake was almost completely frozen over except for a small area in the middle where the ducks and geese were hanging out.

On our way back to the house Liam wanted to sled down the hill one more time. (Why is this underlining!?!?)
As soon as they got down the hill, Liam came running back to me as fast as he could yelling, "Again! Again!" Haha! This boy could play all day in the snow!
We decided he had been outside long enough and brought him back into the house. After we warmed up, we finally left the house. I've never been so excited to walk through Wal Mart's door in all my life! Then we went to Blockbuster and rented some movies. Hopefully we get out again tomorrow before the next batch of snow arrives on Sunday!

1 comment:

amanda said...

L looks so cute dressed up "ralphie style". i love every picture. you make it look like so much fun!