February 1, 2011

Oklahoma Blizzard 2011

Have I mentioned lately that I love snow days? In case I haven't, I LOVE SNOW DAYS! I'm definitely not one of those teachers that hopes for the roads to be clear so we can have school and not have to make up days at the end of the year. I'm all about right now! Snow days are even better since David started his new job today. He now works in academia, so he gets snow days off too!!! You read that right....David's first day on the job was a snow day. How lucky is that?!?!

Liam wanted to go outside from the moment he saw the snow on the ground. We finally gave in around 2:00. We all got bundled up and headed outback.
At first he didn't know what to think. The last bit of snow we had was nothing compared to this.
And he definitely wasn't very happy when he fell for the first time.
But, after Daddy threw one snowball in Liam's direction, Liam quickly got over his fear and threw a snowball right back!
David thought it would be fun to walk behind one of the big snow drifts. Liam just had to join him!
They thought it was funny to "hide" from mommy.
Liam did not think it was funny when Daddy put him on top of the snow drift!
Look at that pouty face! He was not happy to be back inside the house!
After we got out of our layers, we decided to make chocolate chip cookies.
Liam snuck away after helping me stir the cookie dough and this is how I found him....
Yep....he's desperately trying to get the door unlocked so he can get out of the house and into the snow!!! Silly boy!!!!

No comments: