January 3, 2009

We are happy, healthy, and HOME!!!.

After spending 16 days in the NICU, we finally got to come home on New Year's Day. Talk about a great way to start out 2009! It feels so good to be in a familiar environment, sleeping in my own bed, and most of all spending time as a family. Liam is doing great. He's eating well (at least for his daddy and nana) and growing fast. Hopefully by the time we go to the pediatrician on Tuesday, we'll have a 5 pound baby!!! ; )

My parents came down to help us adjust to our new life style. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for all of your help, including doing dishes, taking care of food, and especially for taking care of Ross. I'm not sure what we would have done without your help!

Here are some pics from the last couple of weeks...Enjoy!!!

Finally home!!!
Liam and I watching OSU get Ducked 
Liam's first bath in the NICU

Daddy is absolutely smitten!

Nana and Liam
Papa and Liam
Under the jaundice lights...gotta love the shades!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations. He's so tiny and cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda and David.. it's Casey (Marybeth's other sister in law). Just wanted to tell you all congratulations!! He is adorable!
I also told Marybeth that I have a few premiee outfits. They are hand me downs from my boys but a couple of the outfits were only worn once! I asked her what the fastest way to get them to you so you can use them... someone taking them to you or mailing them. You can email me if you want momcasey23@yahoo.com.
So glad you all got to come home from the hospital!! If you all need anything... let me know!

Amy said...

I have been wondering if you were home yet! I am glad you are home. I am so happy this time has finally come for ya'll!

hollister said...

I am so glad to hear that he is doing okay and is home! And what a way to begin the new year too! My parents did the same thing- helped cook and clean and such, which helped me not to feel quite so overwhelmed. Wishing you the best!

Renee said...

Oh, Mandi, I'm SO glad to hear (read) that Liam is happy, healthy and HOME!! :D

Linsey said...

I am so glad you are finally home and settling in with your new family. He is absolutely adorable!