July 2, 2012

Disney 2012

In April, David and I decided we really wanted to take another trip to Disney World. So, we booked a trip for the end of May with my parents. 

We drove. Again. Luckily, Liam is easily entertained with an iPad. He watched movies pretty much the entire way. 

We stayed in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Liam called our cabin his "Mickey Mouse House." I really failed in taking pictures this trip, so I don't have any pictures, but our cabin was the cutest little place! 

I repeat, I really failed at taking pictures during our trip. We were way too busy having fun to slow down for pictures!

One of my favorite moments was the morning we went to Hollywood Studios. We waited in line for what seemed like forever to get in the gate, so Liam curled up in his stroller and passed out. 

When we got inside, we got fast passes for the Toy Story ride and started walking around. We suddenly walked up on Liam's favorite character (currently), Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. So, of course, we had to wake up Liam. He was not happy. At all.  And then he spotted Jake standing right over his stroller. He looked so shocked, confused, and happy all at the same time!

Jake waited for us to get Liam out of the stroller, and then grabbed his little hand and went for a walk with him. 
 Jake loved that Liam had his sword!

After Jake, we met up with Handy Manny, another one of Liam's favorites. Liam was not sure about Manny putting his sword in his tool belt!

After meeting two of his favorite characters, it was time for Disney Jr. Live. This is such a great show for kids!
We were so early for the show that we got seats on the front row! (Side note....before leaving for Orlando, I was diagnosed with Shingles under my left eye. During the drive, my eye swelled so bad I could hardly see out of it. The night we arrived in Orlando, I went to Urgent Care. They did an eye exam and sent me straight to the E.R. After waiting forever, getting my eye completely numbed and cleaned by an E.R. doctor, and another eye exam, they said that I had some sort of infection in my eye. They gave me some antibiotics, told me to keep my eye covered while at the parks, and said no make-up until my eye healed. Hence, the no make-up picture below!)
During one visit to Animal Kingdom, we had lunch at Tusker House. Yum! Yum! While there, we got to meet Goofy....
 Daisy......
 Donald.....
 and last, but not least, Mickey......
 Meeting Winnie and Tigger was another highlight of our trip.
We had the best time, even with the tropical storm that soaked us all but one day while we were there! I'm so glad my mom and dad were able to experience the magic of Disney with us this year. I'm really hoping that a trip to Disney will be on next summer's agenda also!!!!

No comments: