June 7, 2011

Zoo Trip

The Sunday before Memorial Day we decided to get up and around early for a quick trip to the zoo. We beat the heat and the crowds, and we had a BLAST! Our first stop was the Children's Zoo. This is my favorite part of the zoo. When we arrived, the goats were eating breakfast. Liam was a little hesitant to try to feed them at first.
But, with Daddy's help, he got right down in there.
And finally got a couple of the goats to eat from him.
After the boys finished feeding the goats, we went to see the Larikeets. It was crazy in there! I held the cup of nectar at first and the Larikeets were all over me. Then, I lowered it over Liam's stroller so he could see the birds better and one of the Larikeets knocked the cup out of my hand and into the tray on Liam's stroller. Needless to say, Liam ended up with a close up view of the Larikeets!
The Larikeet on the left in this picture was a little aggressive. When Liam stuck his finger out to touch it, it snapped at him.
After washing our hands, we were off to see the monkeys, which is Liam's favorite part of the zoo.
And then on to the elephants to see the baby elephant for the first time!!! Oh my!!! She is just precious!
I could have watched her interact with her mama for hours. At one point the baby started to walk away from the mama, so the mama got a trunk full of water and sprayed her. I guess that's how elephants handle discipline?
Before we left Liam wanted to ride this cat. He kept telling us to push him. Lol!!!
We wrapped up our fun morning with lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then snocones. I think there will be many more zoo trips and snocone stops in our near future! I love summertime!!!

No comments: