June 14, 2011

Kaleidoscope Children's Museum

A couple of weeks ago David's mom called to tell us that she had bought us tickets to the Kaleidoscope Children's Museum in Tulsa. We had no idea what Kaleidoscope was, but we were up for spending some time with David's side of the family and it sounded like it would be a fun place to go.

We started out in the "grocery store". Liam was so excited to push a cart that was almost his size. He went straight to the cleaners and started throwing them in his cart. Lol. I think I've created a clean monster!
Then we went to the hospital, which was one of Liam's favorite spots. He is no stranger to taking medicines and having his temperature checked. He made everyone "take their medicine" before we left the hospital.
Logan and Haley liked the jail cell. Can you tell how excited they were to have their picture taken?
My favorite room was the room with the rock wall and the play area. Logan was the first to brave the rock wall while the rest of us played on the slide. He got really good at getting up that wall!
Haley tried it next. She got pretty good at it too!
I was really surprised that Liam was willing to get up on stage and sing into the microphone. He just kept singing "Happy birthday to you" over and over again. He wouldn't perform unless I was up there with him "playing" the guitar.
And then Shalayna, Marybeth and I decided to give the rock wall a try. When we began I thought we were just having a fun, sisterly moment. But, as we were climbing, things started getting a little competitive.
It came down to Shalayna and I. Please notice how she had begun to move to my side of the rock wall.
And she moved even further to my side. I think her strategy was to block me out. (I kid, Shalayna, I kid!)
But in the end, she couldn't go any higher and I was the only one that made it to the top!!! :)
I kind of panicked about how to get down. My repelling turned into me pushing my feet against the wall all the way down to keep my body from banging into it. I repelled until my butt hit the floor!

Thank you, AnnMarie, for taking us to Kaleidoscope! We had a ton of fun!!!!!!!!

No comments: