June 15, 2011

Dinosaurs

Liam has been really into dinosaurs lately. Sometimes he thinks they're pretty cool. Sometimes not so much. Yesterday he ran up to me screaming, "I scared! I scared!" When I asked why he was scared he said, "There's a dinosaur outside." I had to look out the window with him to prove that there wasn't actually a dinosaur outside of our house. I decided this was the perfect time to visit the Same Noble Museum of Natural History, so that I could prove to Liam that there is no reason to be scared of dinosaurs.

You can tell in this first picture that Liam wasn't too sure about that dinosaur behind him! Haha!!!
Daddy took his lunch a little early so he could come to the museum with us!!! Aren't these two handsome?!?!
Liam eventually wanted to get up close and personal with the dinosaurs. I think his fear was fading!
The museum is really cool. It has several hands on things for children to do that go with the exhibits. Liam loved making these jaws "chomp" together!
The museum has a HUGE statue of a Mastadon. We took a few pictures under the Mastadon and thought it would be funny if Liam would lay under the foot like he was about to get stomped. He was definitely willing to pose for us!!!
The museum even has a hands on room for children with a "dinosaur dig". Of course Liam had a blast in this room!!!
I'm happy to report that after we left the museum, Liam called Papa to tell him that, "Dinosaurs are big. Dinosaurs nice!" We have successfully conquered the fear of the dinosaur!!!

No comments: