July 6, 2010

Fourth of July weekend

We had such an amazing time this weekend, but it was busy and went by too fast! We went to Bartlesville Friday night. Papa had some Snaps for Liam. Even though it was raining, they popped some of them off on the front porch before we headed to Missouri to spend time with my extended family.
It rained almost the entire time we were in Missouri, but that didn't slow down Liam. He loved playing in the rain! David and I started out being a little overprotective (we're working on that!), but once we relaxed, Liam had so much fun and ran around non-stop!
As if the rain wasn't enough, Uncle Garold had to get out the water hose!
Then, Liam discovered the water coming from the gutters. He ended up SOAKED!
He loved chasing down the balls, but wasn't very good at sharing them. :(
This picture cracks me up. My uncle was trying to show Liam how to kick the ball. He looks like he's listening so intently!
On Sunday, we went to David's sister's apartment in Jenks. She lives right by the Riverwalk, where Jenks was shooting off their fireworks. We took Liam to the pool at her apartment complex. I think everyone with us had bought Liam a pool toy. He wasn't having it!
This was the ONLY smile we could get out of him while we were at the pool.
This is the farthest he would go in the water. He was very serious the whole time we were there. He played in the water, but only from the top step.
David tried really hard to get Liam deeper into the water. It didn't work!!!
The next morning we went to see Shalayna's boyfriend, Bryan, at the Aquarium. Liam is really into fish right now. We didn't have our stroller, so we put his leash on him and let him run. He had so much fun running from tank to tank!
I love these two!!!
Nana and Papa had just bought Finding Nemo for Liam to watch at their house. I wonder if he remembered seeing the movie when he was looking at these fish....
After looking at fish for a while, we went to Los Cabos for lunch. YUMMY! Liam was so tired and fussy, but wearing Dada's sunglasses made him a happy boy!
Sorry for the abundance of pictures. When I was picking out which pics I wanted to post, I realized I wasn't in ANY of them and there were only a few of David. I think we need to work on that. I know we want to capture every moment of Liam's life, but I also know that I'll regret not having more pics with us in them!!!!

No comments: