July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!!!

Our weekend started on Wednesday, because David had Thursday and Friday off. I was so excited to head to Bartlesville to spend time with our families, but Liam started acting like he didn't feel too great. So, I called his doctor and made an appointment for him on Wednesday morning. Liam didn't have a fever, but his throat was red and he was really stuffy. The PA ran a strep test, but it came back negative, so she said he probably had a small head cold and was fine to travel over the weekend. So, we headed out of town Wednesday evening. Liam was a little fussy and didn't have much of an appetite, but seemed to be feeling better everyday. We got back in town last night and got a call from the doctor's office today saying that they sent off the second strep swab and it came back positive. Poor baby! He started the antibiotics tonight, so hopefully he'll be back to normal soon! Here are some pics from the weekend of our precious, sick baby boy.

Since Liam was a little under the weather, he spent more time than usual sleeping on us. Here we are cuddling in Papa's recliner.
In hopes of getting Liam a little more water to help with his "head cold", his Grandma Dye gave him a sippy cup. I don't think he got very much liquid out, but he loved chewing on the spout!
For the Fourth we went to my grandma's house in Missouri. We had a blast seeing family we hadn't seen in a really long time. Liam loved all of the attention he got!

Playing on Great Grandma Swaim's sofa. Please excuse the squash all over his bib!!!
Hanging with Nana.
Who needs toys when you've got cup holders?!?! For some reason, he was fascinated with the cup holders on the lawn chairs!
Playing with Aunt Vicki. Don't you just love the hat Nana bought him?!?! We searched everywhere for a hat that fit his tiny head and FINALLY found some at Gymboree. They had so many cute ones that we couldn't decide on one, so Nana bought two!
Liam hated the hammock! This is the only picture of about 10 where he's not crying. I must say, I loved the hammock and could have slept in in for hours!
This cutie is my cousin's little boy, Tyler. He is so much fun and was super sweet to Liam! I told him to smile big, and this is the grin he gave me...I love it!!!
Liam loved the swing that was hung on the trees right next to the hammock. He spent about an hour napping in daddy's arms, while daddy watched baseball on his phone.
I found the cutest Fourth of July outfit at Kohl's that came with this swimsuit. I love that store! In this picture, Liam is watching Tyler and Miss Emme play in the pool. The water was really cold and Liam hated it at first, but he eventually got used to the cool water and started splashing around in it.
Here is sweet Tyler trying to show Liam how to play in the pool. Tyler is so good with babies...he totally needs a little brother or sister! ;)
This is the other hat that Nana bought Liam from Gymboree...I think it might be the cutest one!
I didn't get any pictures of Liam loving the fireworks, because I was a little distracted due to the fact that before they began, a SNAKE SLITHERED ACROSS MY FOOT!!! I flipped out!!! I used Liam being tired as an excuse to go back into the house!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth! We are so blessed to be living in this wonderful country!!!

2 comments:

Casey said...

A SNAKE...OH MAN I WOULD OF BEEN OUT OF THERE!!!

Owen looks cute even though he's not feeling good! Loved his 4th of July attire and the hats. Gotta love Gymboree!!!Glad y'all had fun!

Mrs. J said...

that last pic of Liam is too cute- love that hat!