July 20, 2009

Weekend fun

We started out our Friday with a delicious recipe that I got from my friend, Julia's, blog. It's called Candy Chicken and let me tell ya...it was wonderful and super easy! After dinner we took Liam to the park in our neighborhood for the very first time to give the swings a try. Unfortunately, he was way too small for the swings still, as you can see in this picture. It looks like he could slip out of one of the leg holes at any second!
I think he was much happier swinging in Daddy's arms than swinging on his own.
After we finished swinging, we put Liam back in his stroller and headed to the lake in our neighborhood.
Here's Liam hanging out by the lake. There were a lot of bugs flying around, so we didn't stay long.
On Saturday morning, Liam helped out with some laundry. Don't you just love his new guitar outfit?!?!
Saturday night, David headed out to dinner for Thad's bachelor party while Liam and I headed to have dinner with the bride-to-be, Skye, and her mom. Liam did great until 7:30, which is his self-imposed bed time. He screamed, and I mean screamed for the first 20 minutes of the drive home and finally fell asleep. He woke up as soon as we got home, I changed him, fed him, put him down and..........................HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!! We heard nothing from him until 7:00 the next morning! It was wonderful! Last night, Liam was extremely tired at 6:30, so we started his bed time routine 30 minutes early, put him down at 7:00 and.......................HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! I know I'm probably cursing myself, but I just feel so blessed to have two full nights of sleep in a row!!! I'll let ya know how tonight goes..............

5 comments:

God Bless and Much Love~ The Goodwin Family said...

It is SUPER EXCITING to have a baby sleep through the night...yea for you all! Just keep on with the routine; you'll have a few nights through and then a night or two of waking up...just stick with it and eventually it will happen all the time! :-) Yea for mommy getting some much needed sleep!

chrisandtif said...

I TOTALLY was going to buy that same outfit for Eli! They could have been twins!
Congrats on sleeping through the night! Eli has been waking up around 5 every morning for a long time...I don't know if he will ever tack on two more glorious hours- that would be awesome!

Mrs. J said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you liked the candy chicken!
And congrats on a full night's sleep! Don't get distressed if you still "feel" tired even though you have got some good night's sleep. I think it takes a couple of weeks of full nights sleep to start feeling like your old self again- you've got a lot of sleep to catch up on after all these months! I hope that it continues for you and little Mr. Liam. Much love!

Casey said...

Love the monkey jammies...AND THE ICE CREAM PICS!!!

Anonymous said...

he gets cuter by the day Amanda!! And that is AMAZING that he is sleeping through the night. Take it where you can! =)
Love the updates!!