September 8, 2008

Pic of the Bump

A lot of people have been asking why I haven't posted any pics of my bump yet. Well, there are a few reasons why I haven't. The biggest reason being that up until the last week or so, I have been worried that my "baby bump" looked more like a spare tire than a pregnant belly. That was until today. As I walked into the cafeteria at my school, the adorably sweet lady that works in the cafeteria said, as she pointed at my stomach, "Oh look! She brought her watermelon to school with her today!" I was quick to correct her with, "It's not a watermelon yet! It's a cantaloupe!" Anyways...here is the first pic that I have been willing to post.

20 Weeks and 4 Days
Two nights ago I was awakened at 4:30 to Liam practicing his soccer kicks. As I laid in bed motionless, I enjoyed every single movement he made. I couldn't fall back to sleep, because of the awe and excitement I felt for the precious miracle growing inside of me. Man, I am pumped to become a mommy!!!!!!!!!!





6 comments:

LB said...

Congratulations, Amanda! I found your blog via Casey's. I haven't talked to you in forever! Hope all is well. You look great.

Laura

amanda said...

i heart your new baby bump. i'm telling liam you were calling him a spare tire...haha.

chrisandtif said...

Super cute! :)

Renee said...

aren't those 'soccer kicks' just the greatest!! Where they're in the middle of the night or not!! ;)

Linsey said...

You and your little canteloupe look adorable! You will make a great mom!

Casey said...

yay for soccer kicks :) I miss that,but it's another experience holding that baby in your arms. I can't wait for you to experience it. It's amazing and you are getting practice with Owie :)