September 3, 2008

Our House Guest

So...this morning I start my normal routine. I get out of bed and head downstairs to put Ross outside. As I'm walking, my cat, Bullet, is running back and forth between my feet and the back door, meowing non-stop. As I get close to the door, Bullet meows extremely loudly. I look down at him and notice that I am about to step on something that looks like a shoe string. I jump back and turn on the kitchen light...and learn that the shoe string is a snake!!! I start yelling for David immediately and run back up the stairs to get him. For those of you who don't know David...he does not wake up well. As I'm saying (or yelling), "A snake, a snake, a snake!", he's looking at me like I'm crazy. He finally gets in, "Slow down." So, I calm a little and tell him that there is a snake by the backdoor that may or may not be alive. I continue talking as we go back down the stairs, and David says again, "Slow down and let me figure out what I'm going to do." As he's checking out the snake, Bullet is proudly standing over the snake looking back and forth between the snake and David, meowing. (I think he was saying, "Look what I did!") David pushes Bullet out of the way, and covers the snake with a towel. The snake doesn't move, so David picks it up and throws it outside. End of story for David, who proceeds to go back to bed and falls right to sleep. Not the end for me, though! The rest of the morning I was looking everywhere for another snake...the shower, the couch, the crate, etc. I was freaked out! But, no more snakes have been found. We went out this evening to get a better look at the snake, and there were teeth holes all over the snake. I have never been more thankful and proud of Bullet...my hero and snake killer!!!

On a side note...as most of you probably know, I am a horrible cook! I have even ruined Hamburger Helper before. Right now, all I can successfully cook are tacos, spaghetti, and fettucine alfredo. They're all great, but it gets old eating the same thing over and over again. Because I'm so horrible in the kitchen, David and I eat out almost every night. I know that once Liam arrives, we won't be able to hop in the car and take off to a restaurant anytime we want. So, I'm currently searching for easy recipes! If you have one you would like to share, I'd love to have it!!!

3 comments:

chrisandtif said...

You guys are so cute! :) I would totally be freaking out too about the snake!
I will look through all of our recipes for you guys! Chris and I have a big plan to cook and freeze two months worth of meals during the Christmas break so that we can just pop something in the oven when l’il P gets here (we shall see if that happens). If you are interested in that I can send you those too…we sent some over to Beth and Aaron when Mackenzie was born.

hollister said...

Congratulations again and boys are wonderful to have- they are so easy-going! My crockpot definitely became my best friend after I had my son! I don't use it all the time but the only way I do other recipes is if I can do them in 30 minutes. When I get the chance, I'll send you some ideas via email. Again, I'm so happy for you two!

Linsey said...

I would have been flipping out if I found a snake in the house. We had one at our old house, but it was out in the garage. Adam thought I was crazy for days and said it was all in my head until one night it came out while he was home. YUCK! How are you feeling? Give me your e-mail and I will e-mail you some easy recipes. I have some saved in a word document. I got tired of writing them down all the time. LOL!