June 2, 2010

Splash Pad

Today we went to the splash pad with Casey and Owen. I was a little nervous about how Liam would feel about the water squirting everywhere, but he ended up loving it! Here he is, all ready to go in his swimsuit and new hat!
Nana finally got him to laugh. I love that smile!
Note to all moms going to a splash pad...do NOT wear a white shirt! I was not thinking about the fact that I would get wet when I chose my clothes this morning. Thankfully, I was wearing my swimsuit underneath the white shirt, because I got soaked!
Liam wasn't sure what to think at first. He just kind of stood back and watched the other kids play.
Owen knew exactly how he felt about the splash pad, and it wasn't good! He did NOT want anything to do with the water at first.
Once Liam figured things out, it didn't take long for him to get soaked!
I think Casey is trying to bribe Owen to play in the water in this one....and it worked. Owen eventually started playing in the water and ended up loving it!
Liam never really put his entire body in the water. He'd just reach in with his hands or feet.


Nana was such a good sport. She ended up getting pretty wet! Sorry, Nana!!!
This is the best pic of Liam and Owen that I could get. It's kind of hard to get a two year old and a seventeen month old to pose together when water is involved! Ha!
We already have another trip to the splash pad planned for next week, and I'm sure many more will follow!

2 comments:

Casey said...

We had so much fun and excited about our weekly trips!

Mrs. J said...

fun times! I'm sure they will be pro's by the end of the summer! : )