December 1, 2009

The calm before the storm

A few weekends ago, my parents came down to celebrate my dad's birthday. After they left on Sunday, we headed to the park in our neighborhood. Liam wasn't sure about the swing at first, but ended up having a blast.
Then he gave the jungle gym a try. I loved, loved, loved playing on the jungle gym when I was a kid!
We sat Liam by some trees in the park to do a quick photo shoot. This is the first picture we got. Liam wanted to play in the grass and Ross just had to go. Haha! No worries, though...nothing got on Liam!
This is the tree in our front yard. Our house sat empty for two years before we moved in and we were the first people to ever live in it. I guess the people who landscaped it forgot to tie down the tree, because it is very crooked! So we propped Liam up against it. It looks like he's pushing it over! He was such a happy boy when we were playing outside.

After we went inside, Liam started acting really tired, so we put him down for a nap. David ran to Wal-Mart and I enjoyed a little quiet time. When Liam woke up, he felt feverish. So, I took his temperature and sure enough he had a fever. We monitored him all night long. Monday morning he woke up with a slight fever and I had the worst headache ever! We stayed home for the day and as the day passed, Liam's fever got higher. We called the doctor and made an appointment for Tuesday morning. Monday night at about 10:45, Liam woke up coughing like a seal and gasping for air. We called the on-call nurse and she immediately diagnosed him with croup and told us to take a walk outside. Within a minute of being outside, Liam was FINE! The croup lasted for a few more miserable days. Just when he started feeling better, he got a cold that turned into a sinus infection and bronchitis. He has been sick now for three and a half weeks. It hurts my heart to see him sick. He seems to be feeling better, so hopefully we'll have a few weeks to enjoy our happy, healthy boy before the next cold hits!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. J said...

so sorry that he has been sick- sounds awful. Jasmine had the croup when she was little and it was just plain scary. I didn't sleep for 3 days and just laid on the floor in her room during the night.
I have said a prayer for little Liam and hope he's feeling ship-shape again soon!

Carrie said...

I hope Liam is feeling better! Croup is no fun :(
I hope Mommy is hanging in there too! Get rest when you can!!!