November 6, 2009

A Week of Firsts

Warning: This post has way too many pictures!!!

This week has been full of firsts. Liam's first time to get his teeth brushed...
He was so not excited about it, but finally opened his mouth and let me brush those two pearly whites.
My personal favorite first of the week...tonight was Liam's first haircut!!! It was long overdue if you ask me. I am all about cute curls on other little boys, but not mine! His hair was driving me crazy, because I couldn't "fix" it anymore. When I picked him up from the sitter today he had pieces in the front sticking straight up and the back was a fuzzy mess. I couldn't take it anymore. So, Liam and I surprised David at work at the very end of the day and we all 3 headed to SuperCuts. Here are some before pics...
Look at how tall his "faux hawk" was before the cut...
And the long awaited (by mommy) first cut...
Sitting so patiently, as long as he had daddy's keys...
And the finished product.... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

After the big hair cut we headed to the T.E.A. Cafe and ate some yummy fried rice, then headed home to play for a little bit before bed.
My first born (who got a haircut this week also!) and Liam...I am so very thankful these two love each other as much as they do.
Today when I picked Liam up from the sitter I saw him climb up the step between the nursery and the laundry room. I had no idea he could do steps, because we don't have any in our house. Then tonight Liam turned his walker into a jungle gym by gracefully stepping right onto it and climbing all over it...
He also decided daddy was a jungle gym...here he is beginning the climb over David.
And here he is on his way down... He was really just trying to find a way to get to the entertainment center that Daddy was blocking. He was successful!!!
Not pictured firsts: Liam looked at Ross and said, "Dog" for the first time this week. He also said "Duck" and "Fish" for the very first time. Monday on the way home from the sitter he started saying, "Dad" over and over again. Then when David came home, Liam looked at him and said, "Dad." I guess he's too grown up for "Dada" and way too cool to say "Mama" all the time. :(

And now to Liam's favorite first for the week.........he had his very first cupcake at the sitter. It was his best friend, Ethan's, first birthday so Liam got his first taste of a cupcake.

It's so hard to believe that in one month and nine days I will be sending cupcakes to the sitter for Liam's first birthday. I guess it's true what they say...time flies when you're having fun!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

I can't believe our little buddy is growing up so fast! It is very true...enjoy it! :)
He had a big week of firsts! Way to go L!!!