August 9, 2009

New Orleans

We decided to leave Florida a day early, so that we could stop in New Orleans on the way home. Liam was so exhausted from our vacation that he slept the entire way from Pensacola to New Orleans.
We decided to eat some Cajun food at Pat O'Briens on Bourbon Street. I ordered pasta and David ordered Jumbalaya. His food was so much better than mine that I ate half of his plate!
My favorite part of New Orleans was The Hotel Monteleone I was so excited to see it because I love the movie, Double Jeopardy, with Ashley Judd, and The Hotel Monteleone was in the movie.
This is the bar inside the Monteleone. It rotated very slowly...I loved it!
Overall, I wasn't a huge fan of New Orleans, especially Bourbon Street...it smelled really bad. I'm sure we'll visit again some day though, because there is so much more to see than what we were able to see during our 3 hours there.

No comments: