August 9, 2009

Dolphin Cruise

While we were in Pensacola, I wanted to go on a dolphin cruise so bad! Finally on our last day there, we found a cruise that had 3 spots open. It was so amazing! We decided to leave Liam behind, since every time he got near the ocean he lost it. We missed him, but I really don't think he would have enjoyed two hours on the water! Instead of going on the cruise, Liam got to hang out with Uncle Barry. It was Barry's first babysitting experience (I had to show him how to change a diaper before we left!), but Liam was alive and well when we got back to the condo, so I guess Uncle Barry figured out the babysitting thing!

Once we made it to the bay, the only dolphins we saw were about 50 yards away. Then the captain put the boat at a high, constant speed and the dolphins started playing in the wake. They were so quick, it was hard to get a good pic of them. Here are the two best ones I got.

On the way we passed Fort Pickens. The next time we go to Pensacola, we will definitely tour the fort.
Shalayna, David and I on the boat.
David and Shalayna on the way back...can you tell they're related?!?!

No comments: