November 10, 2008

Yay for good news!!!

I went back to the doctor for my weekly visit today, and Liam and I are doing great! My blood pressure was the lowest it has been at the doctor's office since before I was 19 weeks. (I'm almost 30 weeks now.) Liam is continuing to grow perfectly and his heart rate is perfect. The doctor didn't mention any restrictions for the week, so I guess I'll continue to take it easy and enjoy being a "normal" pregnant lady until my appointment next Monday. Yay!!!

During the visit, David asked the doctor about his feelings on inducing labor. He said that he always gives the option about a week before the due date, but in my case, I probably will not have an option. He said that if my blood pressure escalates later in the pregnancy, it will become a health issue, and he will have to induce at least a week early. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!

Random side-note #1: This morning when I woke up, it was pouring outside. I dread mornings when it is rainy, because I know that our dog, Ross, will refuse to go outside, and I'll have to clean up his "accident" before I leave for work. Well, not this morning! I decided to go ahead and open the back door to try to persuade him to go outside. Ross ran to the opening as usual, noticed the rain and then skidded to a stop. He looked up at me, and as if understanding my dread of having to clean up a mess, ducked his little bitty head and braved the rain to go potty!!! I was so proud of him!!! : ) Here are a couple of pics from when he came back inside and was shivering because he was soaking wet. I covered him up in a t-shirt and he curled up in it to stay warm. He's just so darn cute that I couldn't help myself....I had to share!!!



Random side-note #2: I went to DFW this weekend with my parents for my dad's 60th birthday. We had a great time! We met up with Skye and Thad for my dad's birthday dinner at Babe's. Let me tell ya, Babe's is amazing!!! I couldn't get enough food! After we finished eating, we spent some time shopping. (Well, everyone shopped while I mostly sat.) After shopping, we went back to Skye and Thad's to watch the OSU game, which was totally depressing. What happened to my team?!?!?! Anyways, we had a fantastic time. Thanks, Barry, for letting us crash with you!!!


3 comments:

amanda said...

i'm so glad you are doing better and that ross is doing his part to help out around the house. :)

see you soon!

Bethany said...

Hi Amanda! =) I can't wait to meet your sweet baby! Glad to hear you both are doing good!!! And I love his name! ps: Babes is one of my favorites here! =)

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda! I went to your myspace page...Or maybe facebook...I don't remember...Anyway, I got the link to your blog. After I read yours, I saw some familiar names and before I knew it, it was 2 in the morning and I was still reading blogs written by random people from high school! But now I feel very 'in the know!' Okay, actually, I feel nosey! Ha! :) Either way, I'm all caught up on everyone's lives! :) Now I'm thinking I should start one!

-Krissy