November 26, 2008

It has finally happened...

I'm officially on bed rest until after Liam comes. I went to the doctor on Monday and my blood pressure was really high. The doctor kept me in his office for an hour and a half hoping that it would drop, but no luck. So...he told me I could go to work on Tuesday, and that Tuesday would be my last day. It was very stressful to get my classroom ready for the next 4 months. I had planned to start my lesson plans this weekend, start copying next week, and have everything ready by Christmas Break. But, God had other plans for me! I got as much done as I could in my classroom, and I know my long-term sub will do great!!! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to say good-bye to my students. I know I am going to miss them tons!!!

Thankfully, Liam is still doing great. His heart rate is perfect, and he is still very active. The doctor's goal is for me to make it to 37 or 38 weeks before he has to induce, so that Little Liam's lungs will be ready. So...Liam may make his appearance the first week of January!!!

I go back to the doctor this afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the SIX blood pressure pills I am taking each day will do the trick. The doctor told me on Monday that I can still go to Bartlesville for Thanksgiving, but that I couldn't do anything while I'm there. I sure hope he doesn't change his mind when I go in today!!!

1 comment:

chrisandtif said...

Honey! I totally missed this part of your post- Chris just pointed it out to me! How was Thanksgiving? Please let us know if you need anything...maybe our babies will share a birthday! :) Hang in there honey!