October 2, 2011

Fair Fun

We have spent our fair share of time at fairs lately. We've gone to the Cleveland County Fair twice and to the Oklahoma State Fair twice. All four times we had a blast!

We had never gone to the Cleveland County Fair, and I was so surprised at how big it was! They had every farm animal imaginable for us to hold or pet. I loved the rabbits and the chicks the most! And I may have asked David if I could take home one of the piglets. ;)

After we petted several animals, Liam wanted to ride in the barrels. He's always soooo serious when he goes on any kind of ride!
He absolutely loved the fire truck and didn't want to get out of it when it was time to go.
And now for the reason we made our first trip to the Cleveland County Fair.....Liam entered a bug collection with his daycare. He was sooooooo proud of his bug collection and his ribbon!
I don't do bugs. I actually tell my students that if they bring a bug near me they will lose recess for the rest of the year. Haha! Thanks to Daddy, Uncle Bryan, Nana, and Papa, Liam ended up with plenty of bugs. He even had enough to share with some of his friends!
Here is a pic of the entire Sparkle Kids entry. I just love that Liam's sitter does these kinds of things with the kiddos. It's a lot of extra work for her, but so appreciated by the parents!
I took a personal day to go to the Oklahoma State Fair with Liam's daycare to see Toy Story 3 on ice. Liam was so excited!
He was super surprised to see Mickey and his friends there!

He loves Slinky Dog!

And his current obsession is with getting the bad guy, Zurg.

I think this was his favorite part of the entire show.
After watching Toy Story 3, we ventured out into the fair. Liam had so much fun playing with his friends and I loved seeing him interact with them! He was able to "plant" seeds.
He got to "pick" potatoes.
And, he got to pet some more animals. This bunny was so soft!
We went back to the Oklahoma State Fair on Saturday with my mom and dad. For some reason, the pictures from that day have gone missing from my computer. :( But, we had a blast and ate some YUMMY fair food!!!!!

No comments: