January 21, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good!

I've been a little MIA lately. At least I have some good excuses this time. First, David went on a trip and took my laptop with him. Sure, I could have blogged from our iMac, but then I would have had to sit in an uncomfortable and cold computer chair. Second, when he finally came home with my laptop, it wouldn't turn on. So, after a little TLC from the Apple Genius Bar, I'm back in business! Oh sweet MacBook, how I've missed you!!!!!

So, what have we been up to lately? A lot! While David was gone we spent a lot of time with Liam's bestie, Owie. Of course I don't have any pictures of these sweet boys playing. And I don't have video of the two-terrific-two-year-olds screaming, "NUTS!" at Mazzio's over and over again while Casey and I tried to devour our salads and pizza so we could get the heck out of there!

We also took Ross to get his hair cut. These two love each other. A lot. (Is it sad that I can get my dog to pose for a picture, but not my son?!?!)
Last weekend, and the weekend David came back, we went to Texas to spend some time with my bestie. After a full week alone with Liam, I needed some serious retail therapy. The relief I felt after spending some time at North Park Mall was incredible. Not to mention the $3 sale at the company where Skye works. What female wouldn't love walking into a warehouse full of boutique-bound clothing where each article of clothing cost $3?!?! Oh the perks of having a bestie in the design industry!

Yesterday we had a snow, or maybe I should say ice day. I was reminded of my childhood as I sat with my iPhone in bed at 4:55 constantly refreshing kfor's closings page....I guess things have changed a bit since my childhood days. No need to listen to the radio or watch for your district's name to scroll across the bottom of the tv screen. Nope, just hit the refresh button on your phone no less than 43 times and your district's name will magically appear! I seriously squealed when I saw Mid-Del added to the page. I tried to go back to sleep, but the excitement got the best of me and sleep was just not possible.

I took Liam outside to play after his nap and most of the snow/ice had melted. He loved the "snow white." (I couldn't get him to say "white snow" for the life of me!)

Have I mentioned on here that Liam started with a new sitter after Christmas Break? There was some serious drama with his old sitter, so we decided it was time to move him to a more structured, curriculum based environment. We absolutely love where he is now! I picked him up during snack time today. He said hi to me and continued eating his snack. After he finished, he hopped up and went to wash his hands. All. By. Himself. He knew exactly what to do. My little boy is growing up right before my eyes!

1 comment:

Casey said...

I'm so glad we got to spend some time together that week. IT was fun! And I love our boys even if they drive us "NUTS"! :)