June 16, 2009

What a weekend!

This past weekend was crazy, so crazy that I didn't have time to take many pictures! My mom came in town on Thursday to help me prepare for my best friend, Skye, and her fiance, Thad's, couple's shower that we hosted at our house. We spent all day Friday buying food and all of Friday evening cooking.

Late Friday night, we realized that we needed more spinach for the dip we were making, so David and I headed out to Homeland, which is about a mile from our house. About halfway there, we ran into some major rain and wind. I called my mom back at our house and asked her to check on the weather. When we got to Homeland, David dropped me off at the front door and went to park the car, only I couldn't get into Homeland, because the doors were locked. I turned around to see David speeding back towards me. After he dropped me off, he was listening to the radio and found out that we were under a tornado warning and that the circulation was directly over Homeland and was moving towards our house. I frantically got back into the car and called my mom, who I couldn't get ahold of, because she was calling me. We safely made it home and found mom and Liam taking cover in our bathroom. Thankfully the tornado didn't touchdown until it was further outside of town, so there was minimal damage.

Saturday was David's birthday, so we went to lunch at one of his favorites, La Baguette. After lunch, we headed back to our house to prepare for the shower, which was a blast. (How unselfish is my husband to voluntarily give up his birthday for a shower!?!?!)

This is a picture of the happy couple opening gifts.
And this is how Liam spent his time during the shower...sleeping in Nana's arms. He was worn out from the crazy storm the night before!!!
Skye and Thad's wedding is going to be in Florida. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun!!! My parents are begging us to leave Liam with them while we are gone, but I just don't know if I can do it! We're going to be gone for almost a full week. I know the car trip would be easier, we would pack less stuff and we'd be able to do a lot more in Florida, but I don't know that I'll be able to enjoy myself as much as I would as if Liam was with us. Has anyone had any experiences that will make our decision of whether or not to take Liam to Florida with us any easier?!?!

2 comments:

Mrs. J said...

We travel a lot with our kiddos. It's not the same as those footloose and fancy-free single days, that's for sure. If you take Liam, just be realistic about that. But it's lots of fun. We took our colic baby to Florida when she was 6 weeks old for a medical conference. Her "first" swim was in at the Omni Resort in Orlando- not too shabby! : ) Great memories!

chrisandtif said...

I don't know...I am torn both ways! I don't know what I would do!