May 28, 2009

David is finished with law school!!!

David graduated from OU Law on May 16th! Our weekend was filled with events surrounding the graduation. Here are some highlights of our weekend.

The night before the commencement, the law school hosted a reception for the graduates and their families. My mom and Grandma made it into town in time to go with us. We spent some time touring the law school and then eating some yummy food. This is a pic of our little family sitting at the judge's bench in the Bell Courtroom.
Friday night the 3L class hosted a graduation party at La Luna. David and I had asked my mom months in advance if she would mind keeping Liam at the hotel with her, so that we could go to the party and not worry about getting home at any certain time. Of course, she jumped at the opportunity to have Liam to herself all night long! I don't have any pics from the party, because... I didn't go and David only went for an hour to work the door as the Class Treasurer! We decided to sleep instead of partying!!!! Although I missed Liam the entire night and probably missed out on some fun at the party, it was wonderful to get a full night's sleep!

This is a pic of Liam waiting for his daddy's graduation to start. Please notice that he is wearing an adorable sweater vest over a white polo, which matches the plaid pants he is wearing! (You'll know why I'm pointing this out in a second.)
And the moment David had worked so hard for...getting hooded. (Sorry it's so dark!) I was bursting with pride during the ceremony. I actually teared up thinking about how hard David has worked to get his law degree and how much we had been through to get to this point.
Our family after the graduation. Notice that Liam no longer matches! As soon as the ceremony was over, we took the sweater vest and polo off to surprise David with Liam's onesie that says, "My daddy graduated from OU Law!!!" It was the cutest thing ever! (You have to check out makeaonsie.com!)
My dad, brother, mom and grandma
David's dad, sister, niece, nephew, mom, grandma and sister
CONGRATS, DAVID!!! I am so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Congratulations David! Mandy, I know you are so proud of him and you deserve lots of kudos for going through it all to. I feel ya girlfriend. Love the onesie!

Casey said...

Yay David! It's been a long ride for you both!!! We are SO proud of you and want you to stay in Norman! :)
love you guys