February 24, 2009

Wow...

I have been a very bad blogger, but I haven't had a lot to blog about, since we are still under "house arrest". Hopefully, Liam will be allowed into public very soon. I am SO, SO, SO ready to show him off to the world! I am amazed at how fast he is growing! Today we took him to his two month check-up and he weighed 9 pounds 3 ounces and was 21 inches long. He was in the tenth percentile in weight and third percentile in length. The doctor said that she is definitely not worried about his weight anymore. That's a first!!! Since the day he was born, we have had to worry about whether or not he was eating enough and whether or not he would be able to finish his meal. It's great to be able to relax a little during feedings now. 

Liam has had a rash since he was about three weeks old that we can NOT get rid of! We have tried everything...changing detergents, changing our lotions, changing his lotions, changing diapers, ointments, etc. Nothing has seemed to work. So the doctor finally tried antibiotics, because she finally decided the simple rash had turned into a Staph Infection. Fortunately, the antibiotics worked and the infection never got too serious. Unfortunately, the antibiotics made Liam sick, and he threw up every day he was on them. Now we are left with a much less severe looking rash, which the doctor thinks is sensitive, dry skin mixed with a contact allergy. Hopefully the dermatologist we are going to in March will figure out what is causing the rash and we can finally get rid of it. You can see the rash on his belly in some of the pics below. 

Liam has discovered his tongue! He is constantly sticking it in and out of his mouth. Sometimes he just sits around with it sticking out of his mouth. Kind of reminds me of my brother...


This picture cracks me up! It totally looks like Liam is trying to dance. I guess he may have been, because he absolutely loves music! I think he got used to hearing it when I was driving to and from work while he was in my belly. Yep, I sing in the car...at the top of my lungs! I have to find a way to make my 30 minute commute entertaining! : )  

This is a picture of Liam's wonderful nurse cuddling him right after his shots. He was such a champ! He let out one big yelp, fussed for a little bit and that was it. I guess he figures these vaccinations are nothing compared to all of the sticks and IV's he got while he was in the NICU.
And to wrap this post up, here's a pic of Liam's battle wounds. Notice the stripe on the front of the diaper is blue, which means the diaper is wet. This pic was taken AFTER Liam had been weighed without a diaper and had peed ALL over the wall, scale and nurse! That's my boy!!!!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Liam sounds a lot like Klayton. He always stuck out his tongue...I still catch him sticking it out, especially when he's thinking really hard. It's so cute. Klayton was also a water fountain when his diaper came off. I guess the air made him feel free =). Nice to see Liam is doing so well.

The Jackson Journey said...

HE IS HUGE!! I can't believe how much he has grown since I saw him last. I'm so excited for house arrest to end and playdates to start :o) He is adorable! So thankful he is healthy and getting squishy cheeks!

chrisandtif said...

He is so BIG! YAY! Can't wait to see you all!

Casey said...

I still laugh at the fact that your boy peed on the nurse :)

Mrs. J said...

What a cutie! He's getting so big and I'm glad he's getting healthy and strong.